This Call For Proposals is closed.
It closed on
February 2, 2020 (Sun).
You have a great story and we want to hear from you! But, we need to hear about it before the CFP closes, which is Sunday, February 2nd, 2020!
Types of proposals accepted for DevOpsDays Baltimore 2020:
- Keynote - a 30-minute talk presented in the morning on one of the conference dates.
- Ignite talk - a 5-minute talk 20 slides auto-advancing every 15 seconds presented in the early afternoon on one of the conference dates (more information here).
What we're looking for:
- Broad appeal: How will your talk play out in a room of people with a variety of backgrounds?
- New, local presenters: We are very interested in the challenges and successes experienced in our local community.
- Underrepresented voices: We want to hear all voices, including those that may speak less frequently at similar events. Whether you’re in a field not typically thought of as a technology field, you’re in a large, traditional organization, or you’re the only person at your organization with your background, we are interested in your unique experience.
- Original content: We will consider talks that have already been presented elsewhere, but we prefer talks that the local area isn’t likely to have already seen.
What we are not looking for:
- Third-party submissions: This is a small community-driven event, so speakers need to be directly engaged with the organizers and attendees.
- Vendor pitches: While we value our vendors and sponsors, we will not accept talks that appears to be a pitch for your product. Opportunities to share this information with attendees are offered as part of our sponsorship packages.
Guidelines for Submission (the "rules," if you will):
- Propose your own talk… Don’t have someone else do it for you.
- Be specific… As much as we might like to be, we aren’t mind readers - a description of about 20 lines is about right for submissions.
- Tell us why… Detail is good, but not as important as explaining why your talk would be interesting for attendees.
- Anonymous… Refrain from providing any information or Bio’s that may identify who you are, as this makes the selection process more challenging
- Multiple proposals welcome… submit as many proposals as you'd like, as long as you follow the other guidelines.
- Nominations welcome… if you know someone who has content/experience relevant to the DevOps conversation, please point them in our direction or email us to make a recommendation.
Still have questions? Want to volunteer at the event or help organize? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!